Friday, September 17, 2010

I might be a dork . . .


I might be a dork, but I don't care. I just absolutely love this little cloth lunch bag I made and embroidered for myself. I used this tutorial from Purl Bee to make the bag itself, and then I just draw on the apple and stitched it on with embroidery floss.


(It probably would have been more realistic if I had embroidered a bunch of pizza rolls on it, but an apple's much easier to backstitch . . .)



Carrying this lunch bag into my office in the morning makes me feel adorkable.  In a good way.  I decided my sister also needed to feel adorkable, so I made her one, too. The sis is a vegetarian, so her bag looks like this:



(That symbol literally means "No chicken legs", but figuratively should be understood to include meats of all kinds. FYI.)



Join me in geekery! Embroider a reusable lunchbag for yourself! Be adorkable!


3 comments:

Alex Libby said...

HAHAHA!!! These are amazing!!

Rachel said...

Soooooooooo freakin' cute. I'm making one! Do you think a PBJ sandwich would be out of the realm of possibility for me to embroider?

Babs said...

YAY Kelly! So glad to see that you embroider :)
I love doing it too, but I'm pretty much just self taught. Have always tried to incorporate it into different quilty projects. One of these days, I want to do a retro modern redwork quilt.
Love to see more of your thead work!
-Barb