Friday, January 20, 2012

Finish It Friday: Curvy Mini Quilt

This little mini quilt started as a personal challenge to experiment with curved piecing. Ultimately, I found that curves are not that scary at all - I'll share a tutorial down the line. 

I also made a New Year's Resolution to finish up all of the UFOs (unfinished objects) in my sewing room before I start on anything new. We'll see how that goes, but baby steps, right?

For now, I'm here to reveal my big finish of the week—my Curvy Mini Quilt!

Before quilting:




and after quilting







I really do love a dense, straight line quilting design. 
It works particularly well, I think, to offset all of those circular bits.



This little gem is now brightening up my cube at work. And I feel more confident piecing curves. AND I finished a pesky UFO!



Happy Stitching!

Kelly

4 comments:

Sarah said...

This is so beautiful. Great job on the curves....they are scary to me still! :)

Lynn said...

Love it! Yes, a tutorial on curves would be FAB!

Kelly Biscopink said...

Thanks y'all! (And Lynn, I'm on it!) :-)

Darling Jill Quilts said...

It's adorable! Way to go on the finish!