Saturday, February 9, 2013

Modern Dear Jane progress

Hi sewin' buds!

I have been resisting laying out all of my Dear Jane blocks side by side. I'm not entirely sure why exactly, except that finally laying out blocks feels like my reward at the end. Does that make any sense? Anybody else get that?


After 12 weeks of sewing my Modern Baby Jane (3 months! holy cow, time flies!), I decided that I needed a little reward...


Things in my non-sewing, non-blogging life have been great and very exciting, but super stressful and time consuming the past few weeks. All good things, but I've felt so sapped at the end of each day that, after work, I haven't had the energy to do any sewing. So, I'm about 2 weeks behind on my Baby Jane,  but I'm back on target and trucking right along again!

I have to say, I'm really loving how it's coming together. Laying all 60 completed blocks out has re-inspired me. Back to the sewing machine!

Happy stitching!

Kelly


6 comments:

brownj6610 said...

Your fabrics look so good together. I'm impressed that you've found red prints with turquoise in it. Can't wait to see the next set.

Tracy said...

Gorgeous!

Tamie said...

These are so pretty all together. I totally get that putting them side by side is rewarding.

Mary said...

It is so pretty...I love this.

Hawberry Historian said...

First of all, these were my wedding colours, so I am in love with it! Secondly, have you thought about sashing as you go? I know that I HATE sashing, and have decided to bite the bullet after finishing each row.

Jean(ie) said...

That looks awesome, woman! Love it!