Sunday, February 17, 2013

Scrappy Spiderweb Quilt

Do you remember this super-fly quilt from Modern Designs for Classic Quilts?  This beauty is Andie's creation, and I have been drooling over it since the first time she showed it to me.
Effie's Web from Modern Designs for Classic Quilts
Rather than create a distraction, grab the quilt and run (because I really don't like to run), I decided to use my handy skills and make one of my own. 

Some super delish strings, all ready to go!
My first block was made with a really pretty, floral fabric center...


But I decided I'd rather make all the centers consistent using Essex Linen in flax. Here's some progress!


 Have you ever done any string piecing?

Happy stitching!

Kelly

3 comments:

Tamie said...

I can't wait to see more. String piecing is on my to do list.

Kelly Biscopink said...

It's fun, Tamie, but pretty time consuming. I think I'm going to be working on it for a loooong time...

ChristineD said...

I LOVE string quilts. I find that once I get into the groove, I can get a good bit done in a sitting. And it's so much fun to how it all comes together. Can't wait to see yours when it's done.