Saturday, May 25, 2013

Granny Square Block Mug Rug

Hey y'all!  I'm sharing a small finish today - - the Mother's Day gift I made for my mom this year!


This was a simple, quick and fun little project: I made a single block and turned it into a mug rug. For this one, I made a Granny Square block using this tutorial.


Then, just quilt and bind to make a perfect little mug rug. I did a simple crosshatch quilting pattern on this guy. (Also, can we talk about how much I love that text print from the Mama Said Sew fabric line? It makes me drool, that's how much I love it.)


I found these cute little labels a million years ago, and bound one into the binding as a final personal little touch. (This label had my dad convinced that I had bought the mug rug, not made it.)


I packaged the mug rug with a fancy teacup from Anthropology and a box of Charleston peach tea - yum!

Did you give or receive any handmades for Mother's Day?

Happy stitching,

Kelly


3 comments:

Pat said...

Precious little gift and the label is "just right".

brownj6610 said...

Are we ever going to see more Dear Jane blocks? I always looked forward to your progress on them and loved your color choices.

Kelly Biscopink said...

Thanks guys! You're sweet!

@brownj6610: Yes! I've gotten a little behind, but I should have some more done very soon! :-)