Sunday, October 27, 2013

House Blocks for Phoebe

The Charleston Modern Quilt Guild (of which I am a proud member, of course!) has been working on a bee for over a year now. When it was my month, the gals all made a block for my Scrappy Trip Around the World Quilt.

This month was Phoebe's turn. (Please note: She's my total bestie 4-evah, so I really didn't want to let her down!!!)  She gave us total freedom - - any kind of house block in any size, as long as we didn't use the traditional schoolhouse block pattern. She gave us "Painter's Canvas" in platinum (by Laura Gunn) to use as the backgrounds - - her quilt is going to be a neighborhood on a rainy day.

I made the following 3 blocks:

Quilter's Cottage by Quiet Play, available via Craftsy

Dwell block from Simply Retro by Camille Roskelley
House In The Woods by Bubblestitch, available via Craftsy
She got a lot of great blocks from other members at our last Guild meeting, and I can't wait to see her little neighborhood!

Hope you're getting to do some sewing today!

Kelly

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love them all, but the way you have fussy cut the two fabrics for the windows in the first makes it my favourite.

Elizabeth said...

How is it possible that you have the most perfect fabric for everything? I'm green with envy.

Phoebe said...

Ummmmmm. Bad me for not reading blogs... I LOVE my blocks. But even more than that, I lurrrrrrve you! 4evah and evah. MWAH!!!